St Judes Church Interior
Loading...
St Judes Church Interior
Related person/organisation
[BLANK]
Located in Central Square, St Jude's Church was consecrated in 1911 and the spire dedicated in 1913, it has been a key part of the Suburb's history and heritage from it's earliest days.

 
Related Collections
[BLANK]
A wide collection of memorials ranging from horses that were killed in the First World War to former Vicars.
Plaques and engraved stones commemorate openings and key moments throughout St Jude's history.

[BLANK]
These Murals spread across the pillars of St Jude's Church depict the fourteen Stations of the Cross on Jesus' journey to get crucified. These are, like all the other murals in St Judes, by Walter Starmer. 

[BLANK]
Paintings and Portraits of principal figures in the history St Jude's church 

[BLANK]
Located in the south-east corner of St Jude's this chapel was a gift from the Harmsworth family in 1923.

[BLANK]
This is a collection of the Murals and Frescos created by Walter Starmer over a number of years within St Jude's, starting with the Lady Chapel in 1921.

[BLANK]
On the east end of St Jude's Church and to the left of the chancel is the Lady Chapel. It is the oldest part of the church and was opened for worship in 1910.

[BLANK]
This collection documents a selection of the paintings and murals by Walter Starmer that adorn both ceiling panels and the domes around St Jude's Church.